Odiogo is a cool text to speech plugin for wordpress. My brother was using it for a long time and since I don’t do anything original, I thought I’d copy him and set it up on my new blog. I think it adds a cool option to allow my brain to try to do other things while I’m listening to my own blog posts. Vain, yes. Still, cool, yes. It was so easy I had to write a complicated how-to that takes longer to read than it does to install, configure and belch out your first blog post in starwars like syntho-speek. Odiogo does many other cool things, like add to itunes and mp3, but you can feel free to read more at their site http://blog.odiogo.com/. Just neware that this feature in combination with my iPhone WordPress app makes me a first-class nuisance to the internet at large.
Warning, I’m going to attempt to explain how to install and configure the Odiogo text to speech plugin for WordPress. No time refunds, here. Be advised. Here goes. Prepare for click, click, clickety click. You may need to do your wrist exercises before following this how to. No limp wrist complaints in the comments. Consider yourself warned.
1. Click Log in. <begin dahh>
2. Click Site admin
3. Click on ‘Plugins’
4. Click ‘Add New’
5. In the text box labeled “Search for plugins by keyword, author, or tag” type Odiodo and click “Search Plugins”. Spelling counts here.
6. Click ‘Install’
7. Click ‘Activate’
8. Go signup for an Odiogo free account here: http://www.odiogo.com/sign_up.php. Your blog has to work for this account to active. If you are online it takes like, I didn’t count Mississippi’s, but it was like two seconds AFTER I typed my URL correctly. Yes, I’m slow like that.
10. Follow the instructions on the Odiogo signup confirmation page.
- Click menu Plugins and Activate the Odiogo Listen Button plugin
- Click menu Options > Odiogo Listen Button
- Enter your Odiogo Feed ID and click Save
Your Odiogo Feed ID is xxxxxx
- Click menu Presentation > Widgets (or Sidebar Widgets depending on your WP version).
- Drag and drop (or click Add) Odiogo Subscribe Button from Available Widgets to Sidebar
- Click Save Changes
11. Go back and reload your home page. A new ‘Listen Now’ Button should be right under the title of your blog posts. If I missed anything well then I’ll send you a refund for the money you paid to get this, oh yeah it was free. No time bandits posting that they want their time back. I don’t give back time for bad movies or for reading my rambling blog posts.